The intelligent, electronic skin.
Machines, whether portable or stationary on the floor, require a sense of touch to intelligently work together with humans. Ergonomics, wear comfort, and intuitive design simplify the interaction.
Capacitive silicone force sensor
The force-sensitive silicone sensor. It operates according to the capacitive operating principle and can measure both touch and compressive force. It can be three-dimensionally shaped, thereby enabling ergonomic interaction with surfaces.
- Force: 1…10 N
- Stroke: up to 1.0 mm
- Durability: > 0.5 million cycles
- Temperature range: -40…+85°C
- Applications: Touch surfaces, prosthesis, exoskeletons, grippers, robotics
Project-specific adaptations to the characteristics can be done.
- New, ergonomic design options thanks to real three-dimensional shaping
- 2-in-1 solution can detect touch and compressive force
- Simplified design and reduction of manufacturing costs thanks to elastic design for damping and tolerance compensation
- Skin compatibility
- Robustness, shock, and impact resistance ensure high durability
Prevent unintended actuation
The SXTSC1 pressure sensor can measure the force applied on a soft or hard surface. By doing so, it can be ensured that an actuation is performed only when the user has intentionally touched the surface.
Prostheses and exoskeletons
The soft SXTSC1 force sensor can detect local pressure points. Together with simple electronics, several sensors can be used to control the direction of the prostheses and gloves. The SXTSC1 adapts itself to the body's shape, is robust, and easy to integrate. We offer assistance both with the electronics and with the sensor design.
Downloads with registration
Do you have any questions?
We will gladly provide you with prompt, expert assistance.
Contact us – we look forward to hearing from you!