A success story that we are proud of.
About 20 years ago, Sateco made a name for itself as a pioneer with the introduction of silicone keypads in the automotive market and has been consistently evolving since then. Nowadays, we work on the groundbreaking silicone solutions of the future.
- Market launch of the Rocker Metal Dome Keypad HA-MD-R
- Moved Sateco Headquarters to Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
- Relaunched Sateco Corporate Design
- Co-founder Hanspeter Sauder steps down from the administrative board
- Relocation and massive expansion of the Sateco Engineering Center in Guangzhou
- Market launch of the Translucent Backlight Window STC-TR
- Market launch of the Enhanced Metal Dome Keypad STC-MD-TR
- Sateco XT AG was founded with headquarters in Schwerzenbach, Switzerland
- Collaborated with CTsystems AG to industrialize the SXTA1 silicone actuator
- Co-founder Hanspeter Sauder retires from business operations
- Moved Sateco USA LLC to Novi, Michigan and changed name to Sateco USA Inc.
- Market launch of Low-noise Metal Dome Keypad STC-MD-LN
- Developed the SXTSC1 capacitive silicone force sensor
- Developed a coating line for silicone surfaces
Consolidation of market position
- Founded Sateco K.K. in Tokyo, Japan
- Fully took over the sales business in Hong Kong and the production factory in Beihai
- Changed name to Sateco Hongkong and Sateco Beihai
- Moved Sateco Holding AG to Baar, Switzerland
Expansion in China and expansion to Eastern Europe
- Founded Sateco Engineering Ltd. in Guangzhou, China
- Opened the Sateco Sales Office in the Czech Republic
Expansion into China
- Founded Sateco Suzhou Ltd., China
- Took a majority stake in our Japanese collaboration partner in Hong Kong and the production factory in Beihai
- Market launches of the Short-stroke Keypad STC-SSC and the Nickel Mesh Contact Pill STC-GRPN
- Co-founder Alex Häusler passed away
Expansion to southern Europe
- Opened the Sateco Sales Office for Southern Europe in France
- Founded Sateco Holding AG with headquarters in Risch-Rotkreuz, Switzerland
- Took a stake in our Japanese collaboration partner
- Opened the Sateco Sales Office DACH
- Developed Metal Dome Keypad STC-MD, not just for mechanical switches but also for touchpanels
Taking root in Asia
- Founded Sateco Asia Ltd. as a hub in Hong Kong
- Market launch of the Double-stroke Keypad SCT-SINA for, e.g. window regulators and steering wheels
- Market launch of the Contact Pill STC-GPR for very low contact resistances
- Market launch of keyboards with through-hole plating
- Expanded the Nänikon test laboratory into a research and development center
- Supplied keypads in all the switches of the Mercedes E-Class
- Founded Sateco USA LLC in Minnesota
- Market launch of the Low-resistance Contact Pill STC-LR
- Developed a keypad with integrated ESD shielding
- Established a quality-assurance test laboratory with its own machines designed in-house in Nänikon, Switzerland
- Focused on the automotive market
- Gradually expanded to other automotive markets in Europe and the U.S.
- Sateco AG, headquartered in Nänikon, founded by Hanspeter Sauder and Alex Häusler
- Collaborated with a Japanese production partner
- Pioneer in introducing the first silicone keypads in the European automotive market
Do you have any questions?
We will gladly provide you with prompt, expert assistance.
Contact us – we look forward to hearing from you!